101 in 1,001: MY PROJECT FOR THE NEXT 2 1/2 YEARS
I am bad infamously horrible at finishing projects. It's not that I dislike completing things or that I get too involved in something new that I forget what I was doing. Nope, nothing that sensible or even slightly excusable. I am LAZY. We're talking "sit on the couch with a bag of popcorn and 9 hours of old Grey's Anatomy episodes on Hulu Plus" lazy. Seem a little too descriptive? Welcome to a realistic Sunday in the Garcia household. Sure, I go into the weekend thinking "Oh the things I will get done!" Then it happens... the itis. It's pretty much all downhill from Friday night on. Three day weekends are the best shot I have at even getting laundry washed and dried, but never folded. NEVER! Poor Ruben must be so bored with my old lady habits by now.
In an attempt to motivate myself into being a productive member of at least my own life (screw society!), I am going to hop on the bandwagon and start doing a project a couple of the other girls I've met in Germany are doing. It is called 101 in 1,001. Basically it works like a bucket list, only you have 3 years to complete it, not the rest of your life. Because of the time constraints a lot of the tasks are simple. For example, I have already started a couple of the items I am going to include in my 101. It will just be a great motivation/kick in the pants to complete these smaller, collecting dust in the corner projects.
Another part of the project is that I will blog each completed list item. There should be pictures and FUN stories for each one. Documenting the experience will also make my travels/life accessible to my friends and family back home. Let the excitement begin!
THE LIST:
(In no particular order)
1. Climb to the top of the Eiffel Tower. That's right... no lift!
2. Visit the Louvre
3. Put a Love Lock in 5 European Countries with Ruben.
4. Get family pictures taken with Ruben. There's a first time for everything!
5. Maintain a normal sleep schedule. This entails getting up before 8am every day of the week. Also, a stipulation of this item is that I have to get up and get ready for the day.
6. Read a book a week for the entire year. Only exceptions: If fulfilling an item from the list hinders this for a week or two it is ok. However, I must make up for lost time. 52 books: 1 Year.
7. Snowboard! I will need to become a novice, not a beginner snowboarder. This should be easy considering the next listee.
8. Be the proud owner of my very own snowboard gear. Snowboard, bindings, boots, goggles, pants, jacket, and long underwear... the whole shabang.
9. Fold and put away laundry EVERY SINGLE TIME. No more laying it out on the arm chair. I'm going to need the chair for reading all of those books anyway. I can consider this completed after 1 month.
10. Run three days a week, every week, for one year. Ugh. I know this one is going to suck at first but I am really looking forward to keeping up with this one. I like looking good and running is the best way to whip my body in shape.
11. Plant and keep alive a pot of Edelweiss flowers. This is beneficial for Ruben. Poor guy was not looking forward to climbing to the highest mountain tops in the Alps to get me one of these beautiful bloomers.
12. Visit Rome.
13. Spend a day in the Vatican. I was originally going to say Midnight Mass in the Vatican, but spending Christmas in Italy is just not in the cards for us.
14. Spend at least seven days in Italy. This ties in to the previous two list items. Necessary action: Must see the ENTIRE country.
15. Visit the Spanish beaches and embrace all things European.
16. Attend an FCKaiserslautern European Football match. This one has a lot to do with Ruben. He really wants to go but for some reason I keep hesistating (so cold!). Now I have a reason to put on my big girl panties and finally go.
16. Watch 20 Criterion Collection movies. I have already seen a lot of movies from the collection so they have to be ones that are new to me.
17. Fix my Itunes music library. I lost all of my music a year and a half ago and have just ignored the problem. The time has come to sit down and spend a weekend putting everything I can back where it belongs.
18. Go to the Ballet. I have always wanted to be a ballerina!
19. Learn German. I do not have to be fluent, just enough to figure out what is going on. I must actually use it and try to communicate with Germans.
20. Stick my toes in the Mediterranean Sea while holding hands with Ruben. I'm not a huge romantic but I think this would be really fun.
21. Eat at the dinner table every day for a week. Even if it's leftovers. Stipulation: No tv, but can have music.
22. Go to Oktoberfest in Munich every year that we live in Germany.
23. Visit Salzburg. I want to dance in the gazebo Lisl sings "I am Sixteen." I don't care who is watching.
24. Run through the tulips in Holland. Or at least skip.
25. Get two new tattoos. So far an owl is going on my clavical.
26. Nose piercing. I have always been self-conscience of my nose but over the past year or so I have been more comfortable in my own skin. To wave my "I love myself just the way I am" flag I will pierce and put on display my prominent Italian nose.
27. Whiten my teeth. Chomp chomp! This can be either professional or at home.
28. Go down a jean size.
29. Reach my goal weight. I have been struggling with my own ability to stick to working out. Now I have to do it. Total weight loss goal from current weight = 15lbs.
30. Make photobooks for Christmas presents. This does not have to be for everyone, just parents.
31. Dress up for Halloween. It's been a while and I know Ruben is itching to do this one.
32. Get a grey Weimeraner puppy. Name will be something German. Ruben must be able to get a dog at the same time (his choice of breed) so that they can grow up together. Also, must be male.
33. Travel on a whim. I typically need everything to be planned out. This must be completely unplanned. Can be just a small day trip or longer if desired.
34. Go on a cruise. Destination must include Croatia.
35. Ride my bike at least once a week during the spring and summer time. Two month span of time should be sufficient.
36. Make a bike trip down the Rhine with Ruben. Castles everywhere!
37. Donate all of the clothes I no longer wear. Send the ones I know my mom and sister can use and would want back to New Mexico.
38. Frame all of the puzzles Ruben and I have done together. Hang on display!
39. Organize and decorate the guest room.
40. Finish crocheting the hat I have restarted 7 or 8 times.
41. Photoshop and frame a nice picture of either Ruben and I or a landscape picture.
42. Wear make-up to work every single day I possibly can.
43. Wear my pearl necklaces. I never have.
44. Use my film camera on a European adventure.
45. Drink at an Irish Pub IN IRELAND.
46. Buy a dress in London.
47. Begin an eye care regiment. This is for both the bags and the wrinkles. I'm going to be 30 this year, I need to start taking better care of my skin.
48. Take a German baking and/or cooking class through the USO.
49. Spend a day in Switzerland.
50. Decide on a college and apply.
51. Finish my Associate's Degree.
52. Begin my Bachelor's Degree in English Literature.
53. Surprise Ruben.
54. Learn how to BBQ. Ruben can assist but I must do the majority of the actual grilling including lighting the coals.
55. Organize my wardrobe by season.
56. Sell all of the junk I have been wanting to sell on Ramstein Yard Sales. This only has to be one time. I can end of giving stuff away if I feel like I can't get any money for it.
57. Paint my fingernails and toenails a new color (they can match) once a week, every week, for a month.
58. Go one month without candy or cookies. I want to see the affect it has on my weight.
59. Style my hair in a way other than just straightened and wear it like that to work.
60. Print all of the pictures I would like to have in photo albums. Must place in photo albums.
61. Write something using my typewriter.
62. Go to Dresden, stand outside of the Slaughter House Five. I will get as close as possible since it is on private property and the grounds are fenced off.
63. Visit the Duomo in Florence.
64. Take Ruben to the Grand Canyon.
65. Buy new living room furniture.
66. Take Zombi out of her cage and let her run around for 30 minutes without bothering her. I can still take pictures. I just can't touch her, talk to her, or get anywhere near her.
67. Organize my jewelry into a jewelry box/jewelry holder of some sort.
68. Experiment with Spanish wines until I find a favorite.
69. Stop blowdrying my hair every day. I should not be blowdrying my hair more than four to five times per week.
70. Be in two places at one time.
71. Buy a cuckoo clock in the Black Forest.
72. Stop drinking coffee with creamer. Splenda (or any sweetner) will still be allowed.
73. Find a pen pal. This can be an already existing friend. Electronic communication is still ok, however, we should still be handwriting to each other on a fairly normal basis.
74. Learn how to sew my own sundresses.
75. Re-read the entire Harry Potter series, and then watch the movies. I can read a book then watch the movie before moving on to the next book, or I can wait until I am done reading all of the books and then watch the movies.
76. Get an international driver's license.
77. Learn a new recipe for Mexican food.
78. Complete a Pinterest art project.
79. Buy a piece of art from a local artist. This can be in a country I visit, in my hometown, or in a town I live in or around.
80. Send flowers to someone I love without having a reason. Just because I love them.
81. Get the tattoo on my back touched up. I have been putting it off for far too long.
82. Go to the Opera. This can be in the States or in Europe. Preferrably in Europe. I have to get completely decked out for the occassion.
83. Do something adventerous and dangerous I would have never done without being prompted to do so by this list.
84. Write a letter to future me. Don't lose it.
85. Learn to use my camera's manual settings.
86. Buy a Keurig.
87. Go one month without fast food or eating out.
88. Run a 5k.
89. Watch the sunrise and sunset from a beach. This can be done on one day or on two seperate days. Also, it does not have to be on the same beach.
90. Seek help with anger management. I am no Hulk but I could use a little coaching to help calm down a bit sometimes.
91. Use one of my new phone cases. I have new ones I just haven't made the change.
92. Read the Walking Dead graphic novels.
93. Make a playlist for working out. I need something motivational that will keep me pumped up.
94. Organize the utility room.
95. Upgrade our media storage and bookshelves. Those old $10 Wal-Mart ones have done their job but their time is running out.
96. Read 10 books considered classics. Must be books I have never read before.
97. Make breakfast for Ruben 5 times.
98. Learn how to make french toast. I have always struggled to make a tasty toasty.
99. Go to the zoo. It has to be in Europe and it has to be a big one.
100. Give money to a street performer.
101. Do everything in my power to get rid of my OCD. I realize that I may never be completely cured but I want to be a close to free of the disorder as possible.
Time to get started!
THE LIST:
(In no particular order)
1. Climb to the top of the Eiffel Tower. That's right... no lift!
2. Visit the Louvre
3. Put a Love Lock in 5 European Countries with Ruben.
4. Get family pictures taken with Ruben. There's a first time for everything!
5. Maintain a normal sleep schedule. This entails getting up before 8am every day of the week. Also, a stipulation of this item is that I have to get up and get ready for the day.
6. Read a book a week for the entire year. Only exceptions: If fulfilling an item from the list hinders this for a week or two it is ok. However, I must make up for lost time. 52 books: 1 Year.
7. Snowboard! I will need to become a novice, not a beginner snowboarder. This should be easy considering the next listee.
8. Be the proud owner of my very own snowboard gear. Snowboard, bindings, boots, goggles, pants, jacket, and long underwear... the whole shabang.
9. Fold and put away laundry EVERY SINGLE TIME. No more laying it out on the arm chair. I'm going to need the chair for reading all of those books anyway. I can consider this completed after 1 month.
10. Run three days a week, every week, for one year. Ugh. I know this one is going to suck at first but I am really looking forward to keeping up with this one. I like looking good and running is the best way to whip my body in shape.
11. Plant and keep alive a pot of Edelweiss flowers. This is beneficial for Ruben. Poor guy was not looking forward to climbing to the highest mountain tops in the Alps to get me one of these beautiful bloomers.
12. Visit Rome.
13. Spend a day in the Vatican. I was originally going to say Midnight Mass in the Vatican, but spending Christmas in Italy is just not in the cards for us.
14. Spend at least seven days in Italy. This ties in to the previous two list items. Necessary action: Must see the ENTIRE country.
15. Visit the Spanish beaches and embrace all things European.
16. Attend an FCKaiserslautern European Football match. This one has a lot to do with Ruben. He really wants to go but for some reason I keep hesistating (so cold!). Now I have a reason to put on my big girl panties and finally go.
16. Watch 20 Criterion Collection movies. I have already seen a lot of movies from the collection so they have to be ones that are new to me.
17. Fix my Itunes music library. I lost all of my music a year and a half ago and have just ignored the problem. The time has come to sit down and spend a weekend putting everything I can back where it belongs.
18. Go to the Ballet. I have always wanted to be a ballerina!
19. Learn German. I do not have to be fluent, just enough to figure out what is going on. I must actually use it and try to communicate with Germans.
20. Stick my toes in the Mediterranean Sea while holding hands with Ruben. I'm not a huge romantic but I think this would be really fun.
21. Eat at the dinner table every day for a week. Even if it's leftovers. Stipulation: No tv, but can have music.
22. Go to Oktoberfest in Munich every year that we live in Germany.
23. Visit Salzburg. I want to dance in the gazebo Lisl sings "I am Sixteen." I don't care who is watching.
24. Run through the tulips in Holland. Or at least skip.
25. Get two new tattoos. So far an owl is going on my clavical.
26. Nose piercing. I have always been self-conscience of my nose but over the past year or so I have been more comfortable in my own skin. To wave my "I love myself just the way I am" flag I will pierce and put on display my prominent Italian nose.
27. Whiten my teeth. Chomp chomp! This can be either professional or at home.
28. Go down a jean size.
29. Reach my goal weight. I have been struggling with my own ability to stick to working out. Now I have to do it. Total weight loss goal from current weight = 15lbs.
30. Make photobooks for Christmas presents. This does not have to be for everyone, just parents.
31. Dress up for Halloween. It's been a while and I know Ruben is itching to do this one.
32. Get a grey Weimeraner puppy. Name will be something German. Ruben must be able to get a dog at the same time (his choice of breed) so that they can grow up together. Also, must be male.
33. Travel on a whim. I typically need everything to be planned out. This must be completely unplanned. Can be just a small day trip or longer if desired.
34. Go on a cruise. Destination must include Croatia.
35. Ride my bike at least once a week during the spring and summer time. Two month span of time should be sufficient.
36. Make a bike trip down the Rhine with Ruben. Castles everywhere!
37. Donate all of the clothes I no longer wear. Send the ones I know my mom and sister can use and would want back to New Mexico.
38. Frame all of the puzzles Ruben and I have done together. Hang on display!
39. Organize and decorate the guest room.
40. Finish crocheting the hat I have restarted 7 or 8 times.
41. Photoshop and frame a nice picture of either Ruben and I or a landscape picture.
42. Wear make-up to work every single day I possibly can.
43. Wear my pearl necklaces. I never have.
44. Use my film camera on a European adventure.
45. Drink at an Irish Pub IN IRELAND.
46. Buy a dress in London.
47. Begin an eye care regiment. This is for both the bags and the wrinkles. I'm going to be 30 this year, I need to start taking better care of my skin.
48. Take a German baking and/or cooking class through the USO.
49. Spend a day in Switzerland.
50. Decide on a college and apply.
51. Finish my Associate's Degree.
52. Begin my Bachelor's Degree in English Literature.
53. Surprise Ruben.
54. Learn how to BBQ. Ruben can assist but I must do the majority of the actual grilling including lighting the coals.
55. Organize my wardrobe by season.
56. Sell all of the junk I have been wanting to sell on Ramstein Yard Sales. This only has to be one time. I can end of giving stuff away if I feel like I can't get any money for it.
57. Paint my fingernails and toenails a new color (they can match) once a week, every week, for a month.
58. Go one month without candy or cookies. I want to see the affect it has on my weight.
59. Style my hair in a way other than just straightened and wear it like that to work.
60. Print all of the pictures I would like to have in photo albums. Must place in photo albums.
61. Write something using my typewriter.
62. Go to Dresden, stand outside of the Slaughter House Five. I will get as close as possible since it is on private property and the grounds are fenced off.
63. Visit the Duomo in Florence.
64. Take Ruben to the Grand Canyon.
65. Buy new living room furniture.
66. Take Zombi out of her cage and let her run around for 30 minutes without bothering her. I can still take pictures. I just can't touch her, talk to her, or get anywhere near her.
67. Organize my jewelry into a jewelry box/jewelry holder of some sort.
68. Experiment with Spanish wines until I find a favorite.
69. Stop blowdrying my hair every day. I should not be blowdrying my hair more than four to five times per week.
70. Be in two places at one time.
71. Buy a cuckoo clock in the Black Forest.
72. Stop drinking coffee with creamer. Splenda (or any sweetner) will still be allowed.
73. Find a pen pal. This can be an already existing friend. Electronic communication is still ok, however, we should still be handwriting to each other on a fairly normal basis.
74. Learn how to sew my own sundresses.
75. Re-read the entire Harry Potter series, and then watch the movies. I can read a book then watch the movie before moving on to the next book, or I can wait until I am done reading all of the books and then watch the movies.
76. Get an international driver's license.
77. Learn a new recipe for Mexican food.
78. Complete a Pinterest art project.
79. Buy a piece of art from a local artist. This can be in a country I visit, in my hometown, or in a town I live in or around.
80. Send flowers to someone I love without having a reason. Just because I love them.
81. Get the tattoo on my back touched up. I have been putting it off for far too long.
82. Go to the Opera. This can be in the States or in Europe. Preferrably in Europe. I have to get completely decked out for the occassion.
83. Do something adventerous and dangerous I would have never done without being prompted to do so by this list.
84. Write a letter to future me. Don't lose it.
85. Learn to use my camera's manual settings.
86. Buy a Keurig.
87. Go one month without fast food or eating out.
88. Run a 5k.
89. Watch the sunrise and sunset from a beach. This can be done on one day or on two seperate days. Also, it does not have to be on the same beach.
90. Seek help with anger management. I am no Hulk but I could use a little coaching to help calm down a bit sometimes.
91. Use one of my new phone cases. I have new ones I just haven't made the change.
92. Read the Walking Dead graphic novels.
93. Make a playlist for working out. I need something motivational that will keep me pumped up.
94. Organize the utility room.
95. Upgrade our media storage and bookshelves. Those old $10 Wal-Mart ones have done their job but their time is running out.
96. Read 10 books considered classics. Must be books I have never read before.
97. Make breakfast for Ruben 5 times.
98. Learn how to make french toast. I have always struggled to make a tasty toasty.
99. Go to the zoo. It has to be in Europe and it has to be a big one.
100. Give money to a street performer.
101. Do everything in my power to get rid of my OCD. I realize that I may never be completely cured but I want to be a close to free of the disorder as possible.
Time to get started!
No comments:
Post a Comment